Went to Roland Asia Pacific today and shot a 21-minute demo of this new pedal from Boss (which is made in Malaysia).
The pedal includes 11 categories and 121 total sounds. Below is the description of the sound types in the pedal (taken from the official Boss website):
SY-1 Sound Types
• LEAD 1/2—A wide range of sounds suitable for single-note soloing.
• PAD—Full tones that work great with chords, from layered pads to synth brass and more.
• BASS—Fat synth bass sounds, including filtered and sub-octave tones.
• STR—Classic analog-style strings, including layered voices and sweeping textures.
• ORGAN—A large selection of organ sounds, including many with rotary-style modulation.
• BELL—Percussive synth sounds with metallic resonance.
• SFX 1/2—A variety of synth sound effects, including explosive one-shot sounds, animated pitch/filter voices, and more.
• SEQ 1/2—Pulsating sounds with rhythmic pitch or filter changes.
Here are the some videos from the session.
Video 1: 21-minute Demo
Thanks Adam Joseph for recording this demo video. This is an uncut 21 minute demo of the pedal. I go through the settings one by one and try out different sounds. It’s kinda just like you’re there hanging out with me to test the pedal. 🙂
The following are 2 jam videos to hear the pedal in context.
Video 2: Synth Blues Jam 1 with bassist Georgiana Dickson
Video 3: Synth Blues Jam 2 with bassist Georgiana Dickson
Video 4: Blue Bossa with bassist Georgiana Dickson
The Boss SY-1 Synthesizer Pedal is now available in Malaysia & retails for RM999.
Thanks to Roland Asia Pacific – RAP for letting me try this pedal & Wong Lip Kee for coordinating this.